August 29, 2008
Football season is HERE, and back in dramatic fashion last night. Vandy beat an always game, Miami of Ohio.. SC beat up NC State, despite the starting qb throwing 4 INT’s. And GT got things rolling with a big win. So, UT goes into the Rose Bowl on Monday, with a chip on their shoulder. They lost to Cal last year in the season opener, and hopefully they’ll show up this time in the balmy SoCal scene. A buddy of mine just started blogging, and has some great thoughts on UT and the season, check his blog out HERE>
Things I’m looking to see this weekend…
- The Claw-fence: UT has a new offensive co-ordinator, and a new starting qb. Noone is quite sure what offense we’ll be running, and i’ll be sure to DVR it, so i can disect it later….:)
- How well will Norm Chow gameplan for our Defense? With the Third String QB?
- LSU vs. Appalachian State. Should be a great game, with lots of offense.
- UF vs. Hawaii. Yeah, Hawaii is down this year, but hey, Tebow is fun to watch…
- Louisville vs. Kentucky. Battle in the Bluegrass State. Hope UK pulls it out..
- OU vs. UChatt. Ok, this will be a blowout, but hope that the Mocs represent…
So, thats it, what are you watching this weekend? More DNC? Pro Football?
Who’s your pick to win it all in college football? Against who? (leave me a comment)
April 14, 2008
- Great weekend, Another great weekend for Services at Lifechurch.tv in Hendersonville. The Warrior series has led to some great conversations with the wifey. Apparently i’m not the only one with remote control hogging issues. We are getting somewhat closer to a new (er) building. We’ve certainly outgrown our little stripmall, and as Jerry said, these are the “good ole days”. I can’t believe the momentum behind the “One Prayer” campaign we are launching, and the number of churches participating. Is your church participating? Check the list out HERE!
- Rain and cold in Nashville, we even had snow this morning, what in the world..I ran out of gas cutting my lawn, and by the time I returned with more, the rain had started again. crazy weather.
- The Orange and White game is this coming Saturday, only 141 more days till the Vols hit the gridiron this fall. Who will win the starting qb job? My money is on Coleman…
- I test drove 3 mini-vans this weekend. Thats right, shoud i turn in my Man-Card? I guess this is just where we are in life right now. lol…What is the coolest looking one in your opinion? (If there is such a thing)
- Hopson put some more pics of our hike, up at his site, HERE, check it out.
March 24, 2008
- What a tournament so far. The Vols beat American, and then a spirited Butler team, to advance on to the Sweet Sixteen. They did all this without any real sign of a point guard, but i’m thinking JP Prince(6 turnovers vs Butler), once given a chance to feel more comfortable, will be the PG of the future, no time though, we’ve got bigger fish to fry, bring on Louisville, and then probably UNC. I like our matchup vs the Cardinals.
- At Lifechurch.tv we had our Baptism Bash (rubber duckies and all) and we started a brand new series, The Warrior. It was amazing, and Craig touched on several hot issues, such as how some churches emasculate men.
- Emasculate: to deprive of strength, vigor, or spirit : weaken 2 : to deprive of virility or procreative power : castrate
- My last church had such frou frou things scattered about, even the furniture looked feminine. Craig touched on how typical Mother’s day sermons are usually positive and speak of how awesome our women are, while Father’s Day sermons are usually an opportunity to tell men how they really should act, and what they are doing wrong. Is this true in your experiences? (Leave me a comment)
- No Switch this week, due to Spring Break.
Romans 8:32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all–how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?
Next Sunday’s Title, “The Wounded Warrior”. I can’t wait!
March 17, 2008
March 10, 2008
1 Cor 15:58 Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
Do you ever feel like your labor for the Lord is in vain? leave me a comment.
How about the Vols. We rapped up our first SEC Basketball Title in 40 years, and did so with a 30 point victory yesterday versus SC. Wow, Pearl has this team focused and ready for SEC tourney play. I wish I could go down to the ATL on Friday for the second round games.
We had 3 inches of snow, in Nashville over the weekend, and it was ALL GONE, by noon on Sunday. You gotta love the weather here.
February 27, 2008
This photo was from my seat on the floor. Best view i’ve ever had for a ballgame, I could hear every explitive clearly…
Memorial gym has always had a special aura about it, and Vandy played a great game.
The Vols came out looking serious, Vandy came out looking loose, and ready to have fun..Um.. that serious look, i think, was actually stress from wearing the bullseye.
The team called for a “White Out”, everyone wore white, i sat on the floor, so I had my white polo on, forgive me Bruce. But what great seats.
Jay Cutler sat directly behind me, Vince Gill sat off to the left. The stars came out for this one.
There went our #1 ranking, but if we finish strong, i’m sure we’ll get a 1 seed for the tourney. Bring on Kentucky…
February 25, 2008
Is Bruce Pearl not a Genius? This guy has taken us a long ways, in a short amount of time. We may not be the best team, but we are the #1 team.
Sunday we continued our “Hostage Series”, this is intense, and i’m thinking my feet just got stepped on……in a good way.
Snow one day and 62 degrees the next? I’m ready for Spring…
I got my tix to the Vandy/Vols showdown tomorrow night. SWEET!
February 22, 2008
February 19, 2008
When, where: 8 p.m. Saturday at FedExForum
Tickets: Sold out
The AP poll:
The ESPN/USA Today poll: