March 26, 2008
- Its that time of year, most churches are still recovering from a crazy Easter Week, with services on Wed, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Tenabrae, Easter Egg Hunt Saturday and Easter Sunday, this is a crazy week. See what some crazy churches did, HERE!
- And then comes Monday, and for the sake of my buds in ministry, there IS such a thing as a Holy Hangover. Most don’t make it back in to the office till Tuesday.
- And then We Welcome Spring Break, usually a shut down time for lots of churches. I find this interesting, coming off of a “ramp up” period, and then a time of rest, well earned might I add.
- Here’s my question: In A Techie, A/V, Media persons world, how do you feel you did last week? (1-10 scale) leave me a comment.
- How do you plan on Maximizing your “Down Time”, if any, for Spring Break?
- Last Question: When do you turn the page, and start planning “the next BIG thing”? Whats it for: Mother’s Day? Memorial Day? Earth Day? lol! Hit me up!
January 24, 2008
Last night i went with this guy, to the 9:30 viewing of U2 in 3D, at Opry Mills. It was on an Imax screen and I literally thought “The Edge” was sitting on my lap. You can watch a sample, HERE… and HERE……Most Church Tech people can really appreciate concert backdrops, lighting, visuals, gear of choice, etc. You can now experience it like you were there. Check it out, you’ll come back with ideas on how you could do your sets differently. Hint: Sometimes simpler is better. Viewers will get an opportunity to sport their 3D glasses and unwind as U2 does what they do best, entertain. The special version was compiled by producer John Modell from over 100 hours of footage shot last year during the band’s Vertigo tour. The majority of the content is taken from two performances in Buenos Aires, Argentina before an audience of 90,000 people.The company that developed the technology is 3ality Digital, which approached U2 and arranged to film a single-camera test in 2005. 3ality has brought together a staff that has worked in almost every 3D live action and theme park film that has been made. The company has established the world’s largest 3D studios and R&D facilities. 3ality’s other work includes commercial production. What’s next? Church Production? When U2 3D was screened at the Cannes film festival earlier this year, one audience member said that it appeared at times that the performer’s limbs were about to come out of the screen. Two directors worked on the film; Catherine Owens, who has been responsible for producing the visuals for a number of U2 tours, and Mark Pellington, the director of the band’s video One. The overwhelming theme for the concert, was “Coexist”. It also paid tribute to the Late MLK, fitting seeing how MLK day was Monday. The film features hits including Sunday Bloody Sunday, With or Without You, The Fly and Beautiful Day.
January 9, 2008
Collide Magazine has released their Jan/Feb 08 edition, with The Reader’s Choice Awards: Best of 2007. Below are the notables Best Recording Artist: David Crowder Band Best Tech Blog: Engadget Best Ministry Blog: Church Marketing Sucks Best Church Media Software: MediaShout 3.5 I just got mine in the mail, and I’m always excited to thumb through the thought provoking articles and tech links. Check them out..