August 22, 2008
- To help carry out, The Great Commission, of course.
- It is estimated that there are between 5000 and 7000 different churches in Mexico. Many of these are protestant or evangelical churches.
- It is estimated, the U.S. has over 10 million illegals in this country alone. They need Christ and a church….and Mediashout….:).
- In July 2007, there were 45.5 million Latinos living in the United States, making them the largest minority group in the country.
- There are an estimated 30,000 Spanish speaking churches in America.
- We want to aid churches around the globe, better communicate the Gospel story, the greatest story ever told, in their own language.
- Also, have you ever gone on a mission trip to a spanish-speaking country? Bingo. Buy it, use it, and then give it to them….
How cool is that.
August 5, 2008
Software Market Leader, MediaComplete: Creators of MediaShout
Nashville, Tennessee ~ Today, The Don Moen Company announced the acquisition of MediaComplete, publisher of MediaShout – the market leader in media presentation software for the Church.
Don Moen commented, “We believe that making MediaComplete part of our organization will help us to better equip the Church to communicate more effectively and to lead life-changing worship which rests at the heart of God’s Kingdom. Additionally, we are committed to increasing financial and organizational support to the MediaComplete team as they strive to better serve the Church with cutting-edge technologies and expanded content offerings.”
All current staff will remain in place and the MediaComplete founders will continue with significant roles in the company including Todd Temple as Vice President and Chief Product Developer, and Paul Jackson as Vice President for Sales and Marketing. Additionally, MediaComplete will continue to be located at its present location in Mt. Juliet, Tennessee.
In a joint statement, Temple and Jackson commented, “We are very excited to join forces with The Don Moen Company to better serve the church, and we believe this relationship will allow us to significantly expedite our product development process. We are looking forward to increasing our customer service capabilities, as well as introducing several important new software releases in the months ahead.”
Additionally, Kevin Weimer, son of Christian industry icon Jerry Weimer, will join the team as President and CEO of MediaComplete, LLC. Weimer worked with Moen and The Don Moen Company, Chief Operating Officer, Chris Long, during his tenure as VP of the Integrity Label Group.
Weimer comments, “It is a great honor to lead the MediaComplete Team for Don and Chris. As more high quality media is being developed for worship, youth and children’s ministries, we are committed to developing cutting-edge products and services that will enable the church to utilize these media tools in the most effective way for their local ministries.”
MediaComplete is the first major acquisition by the Don Moen Company, which was started in 2008 by Platinum selling recording artist, songwriter and worship leader, Don Moen. Over the next twelve months Moen will be demonstrating the software both domestically and internationally as he appears in markets including South Africa, Nigeria, Singapore, Indonesia, Japan and the Philippines.
June 17, 2008
- I’m trying to wrap my brain around how this could be used for ministry. Check out more info on this stuff HERE!!
- Here are some potentials:
- Mobility needed on Mission Trips. Show the Jesus Film with the ease of this thing.
- Portability for trips when airlines charge you $50 for an extra bag.. yikes…
- Spontaneously show someone the four spiritual laws, on the fly….(a stretch, but it could happen)
- How about improv meetings when you’ve got to show stats, quickly.
- I’m thinking MediaShout Mobile Edition, give me a remote, and i’m good to go. (For you iphone users, how about pro-presenter mobile?)
March 27, 2008
I’m really excited about this new addition to the Shoutable family. I can think of tons of ways to use this, most notably for FREE, I can use this to run announcements in my Lobby/Narthex at church. Also, when I travel, I can run my presentations on ANY computer, regardless if they have Mediashout or not.
Have you ever wished you could play your MediaShout presentation on a computer that does not have MediaShout installed? Now you can!
ShoutPlayer Basic is a single or dual-screen application that will open and play MediaShout Scripts in a linear fashion. Upon launching, a playback control bar is displayed on your desktop including ‘Open Script’, ‘Fire Previous’ and ‘Fire Next’ buttons, as well as various screen configuration tools.
Since ShoutPlayer Basic has been developed for simple playback of MediaShout Scripts, creating and editing features are not included. In addition, advanced video functionality (video transitions, live video and DVD playback) is disabled, allowing for use on virtually any computer with no additional configuration required.
ShoutPlayer can be used on as many computers as you like and is ultra-portable. Simply copy the ShoutPlayer installer (80MB) to a packed Script folder and your presentation is ready to go.
March 13, 2008
These guys are pastors at lifechurch.tv Hendersonville. There is nothing to read, they do it all in video, in typical LC style.
This stuff cracks me up, and I’m really shocked how he pegged me. Must see. Do you shop at REI, Target, Ikea, The Apple Store? Just checking……
March 5, 2008
From From Church Multimedia. Software For $399, this program boasts the ability to toggle different things on each of your different projectors. This could be a very cost effective way for your church to do triple screen, all being separate. Let me know if you’ve tried this. They suggest you can easily insert your favorite presentation software to view within this program. Let me know if you’ve used this, and how it works?
February 29, 2008
- 6 Easter songs (5 traditional hymns in contemporary arrangements, plus an original Easter worship song) – all accompanied by original videos! For each song, there is a demonstration version with and without lyrics, a split/click track version with and without lyrics, and a chord chart.
- 6 Long Plays, taken from the accompanying song videos
- 10+ Looping Backgrounds
- 2 5-Minute Countdowns
- A video Sermon Illustrator
Take a look at what it has to offer, buy the whole thing, or download only the ones you like, or need. Either way, remember a ton of people acribe to the CEO model. They only attend church on Christmas an Easter Only. Make the most of it.
February 21, 2008
Now, the most popular presentation software, and Collide magazine’s Best for 2007, Mediashout, comes together to directly integrate with SAMEPAGE Music. Check em out. This is really going to be a great partnership, for a total worship experience. You knew eventually someone would pull it all together. This is Samepage: Instead of three brands of music stands scattered across the platform with taped-on sheet music, a plasma screen propped in front of the front row and notes wedged into the corners of the stage monitors, someone would invent a way to put everyone on the same page. Well, they did. The Corevalus system, though complex, solves the problem and is easy to use. The company’s management team draws from a deep computer literacy and a broad commitment to worship. The result is SamePage. A host computer handles the tasks of processing and displaying music and lyrics to a group of attached flat panel displays. Each panel is about the size of a music stand. So the congregation is not forced to look through an unwieldy box, SamePage can compile a set list, display the lyrics for the vocalists, show different transpositions to each instrumentalist and add songs on the fly. The impact Corevalus will have on the worship community is immense. Just as Aviom altered the audio landscape and made personal monitoring the norm, so too, SamePage will change the way teams track their music. With SamePage, the band can instantly throw in an invitation hymn, drop a half step on a ballad and quickly download a song referenced in the sermon, Corevalus has eliminated the clutter and confusion of visualizing music by delivering a product that all future competitors will be hard pressed to meet.” Could your church use something like this?