June 26, 2008
- I got to go kayakinglast weekend with two of my favorite people in the whole wide world. My Pastor at Lifechurch.tv, HNV, Andrew, and my buddy Aaron that is visiting from Vancouver. We decided to make it an overnight-er, and deemed that kayaking sounds much more manly than canoes. We decided to go for a 20 mile section of the Harpeth River. The plan was to kayak down about half way, and then spend the night on the riverbank, making it the rest of the way in the morning. Unfortunately our trip was cut short by injury. Andrew and Aaron’s kayaks collided, leaving Andrew with sorely bruised ribs. We evacuated him at the closest take-out point, luckily nothing broken. Insult to injury all his gear was soaked, so was Aaron’s camera and phone. Wow, what a trip. I think we’ll need to go back and conquer that section again. ;)
- Oneprayercontinues to blow me away. Ed Young brought the message this week as only he can. Its been neat to read around the blogosphere of the unifying efforts going on. Prayer and fasting goes a long ways. It’s drawn me into a closer walk with Him….God is good…
- We had over 100 people at Switch last week, wow. 10 got saved, including 2 parents!!
- The Fourth of July is coming quickly. I love fireworks and BBQ on the grill. Looks like we’ll be hosting friends from Chattanooga and Vancouver that day. Sweet… Don’t forget to check out www.shoutable.com for downloadable “4th” backgrounds, videos, and countdowns.
April 14, 2008
- Great weekend, Another great weekend for Services at Lifechurch.tv in Hendersonville. The Warrior series has led to some great conversations with the wifey. Apparently i’m not the only one with remote control hogging issues. :) We are getting somewhat closer to a new (er) building. We’ve certainly outgrown our little stripmall, and as Jerry said, these are the “good ole days”. I can’t believe the momentum behind the “One Prayer” campaign we are launching, and the number of churches participating. Is your church participating? Check the list out HERE!
- Rain and cold in Nashville, we even had snow this morning, what in the world..I ran out of gas cutting my lawn, and by the time I returned with more, the rain had started again. crazy weather.
- The Orange and White game is this coming Saturday, only 141 more days till the Vols hit the gridiron this fall. Who will win the starting qb job? My money is on Coleman…
- I test drove 3 mini-vans this weekend. Thats right, shoud i turn in my Man-Card? I guess this is just where we are in life right now. lol…What is the coolest looking one in your opinion? (If there is such a thing)
- Hopson put some more pics of our hike, up at his site, HERE, check it out.
March 24, 2008
- What a tournament so far. The Vols beat American, and then a spirited Butler team, to advance on to the Sweet Sixteen. They did all this without any real sign of a point guard, but i’m thinking JP Prince(6 turnovers vs Butler), once given a chance to feel more comfortable, will be the PG of the future, no time though, we’ve got bigger fish to fry, bring on Louisville, and then probably UNC. I like our matchup vs the Cardinals.
- At Lifechurch.tv we had our Baptism Bash (rubber duckies and all) and we started a brand new series, The Warrior. It was amazing, and Craig touched on several hot issues, such as how some churches emasculate men.
- Emasculate: to deprive of strength, vigor, or spirit : weaken 2 : to deprive of virility or procreative power : castrate
- My last church had such frou frou things scattered about, even the furniture looked feminine. Craig touched on how typical Mother’s day sermons are usually positive and speak of how awesome our women are, while Father’s Day sermons are usually an opportunity to tell men how they really should act, and what they are doing wrong. Is this true in your experiences? (Leave me a comment)
- No Switch this week, due to Spring Break.
Romans 8:32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all–how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?
Next Sunday’s Title, “The Wounded Warrior”. I can’t wait!
February 25, 2008
Is Bruce Pearl not a Genius? This guy has taken us a long ways, in a short amount of time. We may not be the best team, but we are the #1 team.
Sunday we continued our “Hostage Series”, this is intense, and i’m thinking my feet just got stepped on……in a good way.
Snow one day and 62 degrees the next? I’m ready for Spring…
I got my tix to the Vandy/Vols showdown tomorrow night. SWEET!
January 30, 2008
January 7, 2008
December 26, 2007