July 30, 2008
- Lifechurch.tv’s new series, above, focusing on the afterlife. I can’t wait.
- Big news tomorrow, very big. Stop by here and see, or just ask me..:)
- My mom and dad finally decided to move back to the Nashville area, woohoo…(can you say, free babysitting?)
- Random thought for the day; “I’m losing 2 good friends, they are both moving to Oklahoma City, at the same time”. What random timing….That’s ok, i’m holding it down here in the ‘ville, got plenty of Vols games to go to this year. Come back and visit guys…
- Hopson and I are setting up our next ‘Wild at Heart’ trip to the AT for the middle of October. Anybody want to go with us?
April 11, 2008
Hawaii trip postponed due to Aloha, ATA going belly up, thanks guys, great week to cancel my flights. Bankruptcy sucks..
- So, i still wanted to get out somewhere, so I chose the most remote location in the Eastern US, the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, Appalachian Trail. Jon and I tackled a 24 mile section from Clingman’s Dome to Cades Cove. Not necessarily a relaxing vacation, but breathtaking views, scenic vistas, and unforgettable memories.
- We got to see lots of Thru-Hikers on their way to Maine. At the pace they were headed, they could reach Katahdin by October. 5 stone, andTee the Colonol stuck out to me, a gulf war vet doing something he’d always wanted to do, also a father and son that knock out 70 miles or so every spring break. Due to so much rain, no one was spared from huge blisters, and many were considering their options. Check them out on trail journals, so this could be fun to track their journey.
- Highlight of the trip: Summitting Rocky Top. For those not familiar with the song, click HERE!
- I’m glad to be back, lots of neat things coming down the path of life.
- Sure was nice, after living a life completely Media-driven, and plugged in, to just unplug for a week. wow…