May 30, 2008
“A Church that’s going places….”
May 28, 2008
Anybody else wonder how this CD sells? My thoughts are who was deemed the judge of this little competition, and how they decided which songs were more “God filled” or more worshipful. Any thoughts on this? Would you consider, “In Christ Alone” to be modern or contemporary? I’m leaning towards the latter….Also, does this title make you want to buy it? (Leave me some comments)
May 27, 2008
- I took the family over to Gatlinburg for the weekend, I think I paid $3.78 for gas on the way up. From what I could tell, traveling was WAY down. Usually there are traffic backups through Sevier County, and it actually wasn’t that bad. No form of Media can truly express how beutiful nature really is.
- We stayed at the Kingwood Inn, and was very pleasant. We even had a fireplace, not that we used it on such a hot weekend. The place turned into a zoo on Saturday, people everywhere.
- We made it up to Ober Gatlinburg, to view the mountains, and see the bears (see pic below)
- We missed church on Sunday, but upon returning, I did get to watch two of the messages that were produced for the ONE PRAYER EVENT, Craig’s, and Perry Noble’s. starting this coming weekend, i can’ t wait.
May 16, 2008
Also: Here are some things you could get from his site: A
MMMATTERS when you checkout. This is good for anything in the store, any time they want it, not just Father’s Day!
May 14, 2008
- I’m pumped about Church tonight, I got to speak at Switch last Wednesday, “Tough Choices”, and 5 students accepted Christ for the first time, not bad for having 4 hours of notice, it HAD to be God and Him alone. Tonight we are going to get messy. Andy is breaking out some of his own songs too, I can’ t wait: Check him out HERE!.
- Yes, remind me who i need to turn in my “ManCard” to, Val and I bought a Mini-van, a Toyota Sienna, and i’m officially done with my VW jetta. Praise God. I only had it towed four times this year, definitely time for an upgrade. Lol
- I’ve never been a huge fan of Godtube, but its definitely gotten better. Easy to find messages, and clips longer than 10 minutes. I watched an entire 45 minute message, but it took me 2 days to do so, with interruptions and such. Download them into your presentation software with Vixy.net…Its a presenter’s best friend:)
- I’ve been checking out Worship Films; Visual Fusion, and I’m liking it. Seems like nothing new is flooding the market right now, thanks guys. More on Father’s Day Media tomorrow….
May 7, 2008
- Last night, my Small Group got to help out at The Bridge, which is a ministry that serves the homeless population in Nashville. Some observations:
- We had a very dynamic worship experiece, the people loved it, many accepted Christ for the first time. God was honored by the music, message, and time invested by all the volunteers.
- We didn’t need a Media Heavy, projector driven experience to communicate God’s love, and that we cared. Christ was lifted up. John 12:32
- We got to serve a hot meal, do worship, and then hand out clothes and groceries. What a blessing.
- Last week they had a group from Alabama, this week a group from Indiana, that drove down to serve, i’m sure i’ll be back as well.
May 5, 2008
- I gotta know, is THIS, really the most annoying song ever? Play it Loud and tell me what you think..
- Ok, so did you make it through the whole thing? Interesting stuff.
- You got another song in mind? (my vote:Anything by Wilson Philips)
- Since this is a spiritual place, worst song ever sung in church? Watercolor ponies?
- Most played-out, overplayed song in church history? Friends are friends forever? Awesome God? Shout to the Lord?
- Let me hear your thoughts?