March 27, 2008
I’m really excited about this new addition to the Shoutable family. I can think of tons of ways to use this, most notably for FREE, I can use this to run announcements in my Lobby/Narthex at church. Also, when I travel, I can run my presentations on ANY computer, regardless if they have Mediashout or not.
Have you ever wished you could play your MediaShout presentation on a computer that does not have MediaShout installed? Now you can!
ShoutPlayer Basic is a single or dual-screen application that will open and play MediaShout Scripts in a linear fashion. Upon launching, a playback control bar is displayed on your desktop including ‘Open Script’, ‘Fire Previous’ and ‘Fire Next’ buttons, as well as various screen configuration tools.
Since ShoutPlayer Basic has been developed for simple playback of MediaShout Scripts, creating and editing features are not included. In addition, advanced video functionality (video transitions, live video and DVD playback) is disabled, allowing for use on virtually any computer with no additional configuration required.
ShoutPlayer can be used on as many computers as you like and is ultra-portable. Simply copy the ShoutPlayer installer (80MB) to a packed Script folder and your presentation is ready to go.
March 26, 2008
- Its that time of year, most churches are still recovering from a crazy Easter Week, with services on Wed, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Tenabrae, Easter Egg Hunt Saturday and Easter Sunday, this is a crazy week. See what some crazy churches did, HERE!
- And then comes Monday, and for the sake of my buds in ministry, there IS such a thing as a Holy Hangover. Most don’t make it back in to the office till Tuesday.
- And then We Welcome Spring Break, usually a shut down time for lots of churches. I find this interesting, coming off of a “ramp up” period, and then a time of rest, well earned might I add.
- Here’s my question: In A Techie, A/V, Media persons world, how do you feel you did last week? (1-10 scale) leave me a comment.
- How do you plan on Maximizing your “Down Time”, if any, for Spring Break?
- Last Question: When do you turn the page, and start planning “the next BIG thing”? Whats it for: Mother’s Day? Memorial Day? Earth Day? lol! Hit me up!
March 24, 2008
- What a tournament so far. The Vols beat American, and then a spirited Butler team, to advance on to the Sweet Sixteen. They did all this without any real sign of a point guard, but i’m thinking JP Prince(6 turnovers vs Butler), once given a chance to feel more comfortable, will be the PG of the future, no time though, we’ve got bigger fish to fry, bring on Louisville, and then probably UNC. I like our matchup vs the Cardinals.
- At Lifechurch.tv we had our Baptism Bash (rubber duckies and all) and we started a brand new series, The Warrior. It was amazing, and Craig touched on several hot issues, such as how some churches emasculate men.
- Emasculate: to deprive of strength, vigor, or spirit : weaken 2 : to deprive of virility or procreative power : castrate
- My last church had such frou frou things scattered about, even the furniture looked feminine. Craig touched on how typical Mother’s day sermons are usually positive and speak of how awesome our women are, while Father’s Day sermons are usually an opportunity to tell men how they really should act, and what they are doing wrong. Is this true in your experiences? (Leave me a comment)
- No Switch this week, due to Spring Break.
Romans 8:32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all–how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?
Next Sunday’s Title, “The Wounded Warrior”. I can’t wait!
March 19, 2008
- Game one is complete of the NCAA tourney, and i’m off for Good Friday! This means I have all day to watch my brackets fall apart.
- The Vols, as well as the Lady Vols start their march for San Antonio.
- Switch happens tonight, we start our new series, “Activist”, I can’t wait.
- Spring has sprung, at least here in Tennessee. My trees are in full bloom.
- My in-laws just left, after spending the week, i wish they lived closer. Visits are always amazing, with a sad ending.
- Verse for the Week: Philippians 4:19 “And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus”
It is so reassuring that God will provide for all of our needs. How has God provided for you? How does He continue to meet your needs?
March 17, 2008
March 13, 2008
These guys are pastors at lifechurch.tv Hendersonville. There is nothing to read, they do it all in video, in typical LC style.
This stuff cracks me up, and I’m really shocked how he pegged me. Must see. Do you shop at REI, Target, Ikea, The Apple Store? Just checking……
March 10, 2008
1 Cor 15:58 Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
Do you ever feel like your labor for the Lord is in vain? leave me a comment.
How about the Vols. We rapped up our first SEC Basketball Title in 40 years, and did so with a 30 point victory yesterday versus SC. Wow, Pearl has this team focused and ready for SEC tourney play. I wish I could go down to the ATL on Friday for the second round games.
We had 3 inches of snow, in Nashville over the weekend, and it was ALL GONE, by noon on Sunday. You gotta love the weather here.
March 6, 2008
I found this from churchrelevance.com. It was about MinistryToday, which came up with a list of the ”7 Most Innovative Church Buildings in America“.. Kent Shaffer was nice enough to hunt down these amazing pics for each of these churches. Check the pics out HERE. Is there a church in your area that could be included in this list? When you think of innovative, for a church building, what do you think of? Thoughts, leave me a comment..
March 5, 2008
From From Church Multimedia. Software For $399, this program boasts the ability to toggle different things on each of your different projectors. This could be a very cost effective way for your church to do triple screen, all being separate. Let me know if you’ve tried this. They suggest you can easily insert your favorite presentation software to view within this program. Let me know if you’ve used this, and how it works?